By Melody Lashmar The Ivory Tower of Officialdom is at it again. They have spent time and resources on developing ways to reduce fraud in their network and they now want people’s opinions on their solution.
The current proposed solution is…. wait for it…. to do more of the same! Wow, what a brilliant idea; an absolutely stunning example of understanding the issues that exist and creating a solution which addresses those issues and, thus, reduces fraudulent payments.
Fraud is being measured based on Continue reading
Happy Holidays, everyone! Here at L3 we’re jollier than St. Nick at an all-you-can-eat buffet to be wrapping up another successful year while we gear up for an exciting 2014. We were so productive in 2013 that I thought it would be fun to take a moment to reflect on some of the newsworthy items from this year:
- In January we attended both the XBIZ and Internext EXPO trade shows
- In March we improved settlement times for ACH merchants
- In April we attended both the Phoenix forum and NACHA Payments trade shows
- In May we worked closely with our sister company, SBW, on enhancements to their Gateway such as new fraud scrubbing options
- In the summer our underwriter John Porichis climbed Mt Kilimanjaro
- In September we moved offices
- In October SBW announced that they will be automatically initiating debits for Gateway fees via ACH or credit card
- In November we all grew mustaches
…and all throughout the year Melody cranked out informative articles with extremely useful information ranging from the importance of quality customer service to combating friendly fraud to the often underestimated value of accepting ACH payments. In addition to all of that, we continued doing what L3 does best: collectively leveraging our years of experience to help keep our merchant’s accounts healthy by monitoring chargebacks, offering customized reporting analysis and providing top notch customer support.
While L3 was busy doing those things, some other notable things happened around the world too. Scientists successfully cloned human stem cells, the pope quit his job, the Boston Red Sox won the world series at Fenway Park for the 1st time in like 400 years, and Hrag even came into the new office a few times! It’s been an interesting year, indeed.
We will once again be attending both the XBIZ and Internext EXPO trade shows in January, so we look forward to seeing you there. Until then, from all of us at L3 Payments, we wish you a happy and healthy holiday season!